Hnevanq

×Details


Nino Bagrationi
Giorgi Bagrationi
Giorgi Bagrationi
Gia Shervashidze

 
The monastery is located on a hill within a gorge. There are several hall churches, a large bell-tower and a refectory around the hall church restored in the 12th century. It bears a donor inscription of Sumbat Orbeli of 1154. The drum of the dome is surrounded by an inscription in asomtavruli (majuscule) script along its perimeter. The tombstones are also carved with epitaphs with Georgian inscriptions.

+Meta